Matt Waldman shares six skill players from this 2019 NFL Draft Class that he finds most intriguing as we gear up for the 2019 NFL Combine and Pro Days.
This is the time of year where I’m immersed in film study, which is as obvious a statement as saying it gets cooler in Chicago during the winter. However, February is like my own personal Winter Vortex of film study.
Last week, Alicia and I finally closed on our house and moved in. What you see above is my new temporary office. What you don’t see above is my frozen life behind me that’s my own personal Lake Michigan.
For those interested, I’ll share photos of my reality at the end of this post but most of you are here to learn which skill players from nearly 1,000 games of film study that I find most intriguing as we head into the 2019 NFL Combine. I narrowed the list to six players — three receivers, two running backs, and a tight end.
- One of the player’s former coaches said the player could have been an Olympic powerlifter.
- Another will not be invited to the NFL Combine.
- The biggest guy on this list is a former quarterback who began his career lighter than the smallest player on this list.
- One of the receivers reminds me of an unrefined Michael Thomas.
- If Dr. Frankenstein could combine the strengths of the Packers’ backfield, this back might be the product.
As always, thank you for tuning in!
Pics of my frozen world below. It should thaw by mid-May.