Matt Waldman’s Rookie Scouting Portfolio joins Alex Dunlap of the RosterWatch Podcast for a conversation about the RSP process and 2019 NFL Draft prospects at wide receiver and running back.
Mobile, Alabama is a hopping place for football during the third week of January. I ran RosterWatch analyst Alex Dunlap while enjoying a meetup with colleagues downtown at Loda Bier Garten. Alex and I have always enjoyed talking ball so the encounter was a good reminder for us to do a show.
Alex kicked off the show asking me about the RSP process: How I created it, why are the criteria definitions so important, and why is the scoring posed in a yes-no format? We also discussed how the pre-order period for the RSP was brought about by popular demand.
We discussed a lot of football…
- Why the Senior Bowl offered Deebo Samuel a chance to display skills that weren’t as easy to see from his college film.
- How the event helped Terry McLaurin, Penny Hart, Andy Isabella, and Keelan Doss.
- The NFL Combine performance I’m most interested in seeing among the running back class?
- A running back who will likely be in my top five in April?
- A running back who is under the radar — and why he flashes the balance and power of a player who could transcend his height/weight archetype.
For the most in-depth analysis of offensive skill players available (QB, RB, WR, and TE), get the 2019 Rookie Scouting Portfolio. If you’re a fantasy owner the Post-Draft Add-on comes with the 2012 – 2018 RSPs at no additional charge.
Best, yet, 10 percent of every sale is donated to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse. You can purchase past editions of the Rookie Scouting Portfolio for just $9.95 each. You can pre-order the 2019 RSP now (available for download April 1).