Charles McDonald joins the film room for an excellent conversation and analysis on cornerback play.
Topics of discussion:
- The importance of “stillness” of mind and body for a defender.
- Integrating aggression and patience into defensive play.
- Playing correct angles as a run defender.
- Hip flexibility, footwork, and explosion.
- Ball tracking and team defense on deep passes.
- Hargreaves aggressive mindset as a positive and a negative.
For more analysis on Hargreaves check out McDonald’s breakdown of the Florida corner at Draft Savages. Follow Charles on Twitter @McDraft2.
For analysis of skill players in this year’s draft class, download the 2016 Rookie Scouting Portfolio – early-bird purchase for April 1 download available now. Better yet, if you’re a fantasy owner the Post-Draft Add-on comes with the 2012 – 2015 RSPs at no additional charge. Best, yet, 10 percent of every sale is donated to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse. You can purchase past editions of the Rookie Scouting Portfolio for just $9.95 apiece