School Days, 9/11, Torturing Sons, New Boiler Room Vid, & Salman Rushdie.
Although I will never forget the morning, I don’t have a memorable 9/11 story. To any of you who lost a friend or loved one that day or eventually lost a friend or loved one due to fallout from this horrific event, my condolences. I’m sending you my good vibes for peace and prosperity throughout our world.
Views – For 20-Something Sons and 60-Something Fathers Everywhere (H/T to my friend David and his dad Barry)
I suddenly feel much better that my dad listened to Simon & Garfunkel, Neil Diamond and John Denver. He even had a Wynton Marsalis album lying around that I often checked out–although I wonder if it was originally his…
If you’re new to the Rookie Scouting Portfolio blog, welcome. On Fridays I post links to pieces that I’ve found personally compelling or to content I hope will scratch that itch, but I haven’t read yet.
As I’ve long said about this Friday feature, you may not like everything listed here, but you’re bound to like something.
- BROKE – Spencer Hall’s plea for college football to pay athletes.
- Smart Football: Power – A history and explanation of the running plays classified with this term.
- Appeals Court Almost Went All In Former USC Assistant Coach Todd McNair’s Direction Against NCAA (Reggie Bush case)
- Why the NFL Has a Quarterback Crisis – A well-written article with a premise I disagree with. The NFL wants to blame college football and the Wall Street Journal takes the bait. The NFL should only blame themselves.
- Ryan Riddle’s 2015 Draft Prospect Risk Analysis Metric – The ultimate goal of this annual project is to bring together as many factors as possible that might correlate with a prospect’s career success.
Views: RSP Boiler Room Video No.4: TCU RB Aaron Green-Less Pretty, More Gritty…
Learn more about finishing strong, pass protection, and decision-making with this 10-minute look at Green. Thanks to DJ DKO for permission to use his music.
Download the 2015 Rookie Scouting Portfolio + Post-Draft Update!
Friday’s are also my chance to thank you for reading my work, encourage you to follow the RSP blog, and download the Rookie Scouting Portfolio publication.
If you’re in a dynasty league, the combination of the 2015 RSP and the RSP Post-Draft will have you prepared for this year and beyond.
Here’s just a sample of what my readers–new and old–are saying about the 2015 RSP. (Get ready for “Squee!” “Dammit” and jaws dropping)
Take a video tour of the 2015 pre-draft to see what I mean:
Seriously, this analysis is worth the price of the 2015 RSP package alone, but you also get the post-draft addendum with your purchase of the RSP. Remember 10 percent of each sale is donated to Darkness to Light to prevent sexual abuse in communities across the United States. While that alone should get you to download the RSP package, do it because you will be blown away with the detail and insight of the analysis and content. It’s why the RSP has grown so much in the past 10 years.
Listens: Stanley Clarke – School Days
In Case You Missed It/Coming Soon
- Gut Check No.346 – Week 1: Think of my regular season column as a fantasy football department store (First floor, re-draft; second floor, IDP; third floor, rookies…)
- Thoughts on Christine Michael to Dallas & RSP Sample
- Ross Tucker Appearance and Discussion on Talent
- Futures: K-State/Seattle WR Tyler Lockett
- Gut Check No.345: Crimes Against Fantasy
- RSP Film Rooms w/Ryan Riddle on DTs Adolphus Washington and Robert Nkemdiche
Reads (Life In General)
- Salman Rushdie: These Days, ‘Everyone Is Upset All The Time’ – His thoughts as he discusses his 12th novel Midnight’s Children.
- Bob Munson, A Giant in Two Worlds, Dies in Boulder at 74 – Local farmer invented miniature antenna that helped shape modern communications.
- Dragon Con Day 3: The Cosplay Keeps Getting Better and Better (My daughter can make these. If you’re into this stuff, drop me a line, she has a business)
- Understanding Hitler’s Anti-Semitism – Timothy Snyder explains why Hitler used nationalism as a cover for his radical anarchist philosophy.
- Giles Peterson’s Roy Ayers Mix in Tribute to Ayers’ 75th Birthday – Looking for more Sigmund Bloom soliloquy’s? Ask him about Ayers’ contributions to music.
- Ex-Tennis Star James Blake Tackled By White Cops – Don’t just look to the ghetto and the poor for the racial climate in America, look to how the middle and upper class is treated.
- Sea Level Rise Analysis by Climate Central – H/T to my friend Jason Wood. Let’s keep this up another week.
- Solitary Confinement Is Cruel and All Too Common – NY Times op-ed board.