Thanks to FieldGulls for this funky shirt idea.
Listens: DJ DKO Duo
A lot of the music you’ll be hearing this year on the RSP Boiler Room Videos will be Darren’s work.
What’s the Deal With This Post?
If you’re new to the Rookie Scouting Portfolio blog, welcome. Until last December, I used Fridays to post links to pieces that I’ve found personally compelling or to content I haven’t read yet. I moved in spring of 2014 and I had a lot of logistical adjustments, including finding an adequate way to build and maintain a growing library of college game games. I had to drop something from my schedule and it mean Reads Listens Views was the first to go.
I had a false start with returning RLV to the rotation in April, but I’m hoping I can make it stick. As I’ve long said about this Friday feature, you may not like everything listed here, but you’re bound to like something.
- Why the Deflategate Case Matters – Steph Stradley brings it. If you want to good overview with true, but accessible, legal perspective, this post is for you.
- Titans Rookie Dorial Green-Beckham Shows He’s Catching On – Three weeks into his first training camp, Green-Beckham is making strides in his development…
- Playaction to Calvin Johnson from a Compressed Formation – Alex Kirby’s blog.
- Analyzing NFL Injuries – How 2014 was Affected and Who Will Benefit in 2015
Views: TCU WR Josh Doctson’s “Feel for the Game”
Download the 2015 Rookie Scouting Portfolio + Post-Draft Update!
Friday’s are also my chance to thank you for reading my work, encourage you to follow the RSP blog, and download the Rookie Scouting Portfolio publication.
If you’re in a dynasty league, the combination of the 2015 RSP and the RSP Post-Draft will have you prepared for this year and beyond.
Here’s just a sample of what my readers–new and old–are saying about the 2015 RSP. (Get ready for “Squee!” “Dammit” and jaws dropping)
Take a video tour of the 2015 pre-draft to see what I mean:
Seriously, this analysis is worth the price of the 2015 RSP package alone, but you also get the post-draft addendum with your purchase of the RSP. Remember 10 percent of each sale is donated to Darkness to Light to prevent sexual abuse in communities across the United States. While that alone should get you to download the RSP package, do it because you will be blown away with the detail and insight of the analysis and content. It’s why the RSP has grown so much in the past 10 years.
Listens: Keith Jarrett “Somewhere Over the Rainbow”
In Case You Missed It/Coming Soon
- Updated PPR Tiers at Footballguys
- RSP Film Room No.51: Penn State QB Christian Hackenberg with Emory Hunt
- Advice on “Breaking into the Fantasy Football Biz” – A collection of tweets.
- The Chicken or the Gravy: A Player Evaluation Parable – You can create some fine gravy from a chicken. In David Cobb’s case, you’ll need some added ingredients from outside sources to make it. But no amount of outside help can help you create chicken from gravy, no matter how tasty.
- Gut Check No.343: Complete ADP Desirability Rankings – A simple, jarring way to see how you value players based on ADP.
- Gut Check No.342: Upside Down Draft Strategy 2015 – My suggested block of backs in the mid rounds, plus three mocks.
Reads (Life In General)
- A Overdue Lesson In Perspective – Blog post from an ad writer shortly before he passed away from esophageal cancer.
- 51 of the Most Beautiful Sentences in Literature
- From Gangs to Gardens – Filmmaker JLove Calderon recently released an exciting new documentary entitled ‘From Gangs To Gardens’ which chronicles Ietef Vita’s progression from gang member to organic urban gardener, heading up the Eastside Growers Collective.
- Wright Thompson: Beyond the Breach – Life, Loss, Renewal in New Orleans 10 Years After Hurricane Katrina.