Shark Mural, David Cobb Film Room, Swinging the Mallett, The Overview Effect, and Mercy, Mercy, Mercy.
What is Reads Listens Views?
If you’re new to the Rookie Scouting Portfolio blog, welcome. I post links on Fridays to content I’m saving for later consumption or pieces that I found compelling. You may not like everything listed here, but you’re bound to like something.
Listens – Ken Block’s Gymkhana Seven: Wild In The Streets of Los Angeles
(H/T to Joe Bryant, who in his youth was probably doing this in his pink Cadillac in the wee hours of a College Station morning)
RSP Film Room No.13 – Minnesota RB David Cobb w/Emory Hunt
For a complete list of RSP Film Room episodes, check out this page. Future guests include Sigmund Bloom and Optimum Scouting’s Matt Harmon.
Download the 2014 Rookie Scouting Portfolio + Post-Draft Update!
Ikonoclast @Ikonoclast @MattWaldman so, I have to share with you…I’m a bad RSP promoter…and I apologize
Friday’s are also my chance to thank you for reading my work, encourage you to follow the RSP blog, and download the Rookie Scouting Portfolio publication.
The 2014 Rookie Scouting Portfolio Post-Draft Add-On is ready for download. If you’re in a dynasty league, the combination of the 2014 RSP and the RSP Post-Draft will have you prepared for this year and beyond. Want details? Need details? I have ’em right here:
- 84 pages
- How to use the RSP and RSP-Post Draft together
- Good/Bad post-draft fits
- UDFAs to watch
- Long-term dynasty waiver wire gems
- Strategic overview of 2014 rookie drafts
- Tiered Value Chart Cheat Sheet across all positions
- Post-Draft rankings analysis and commentary–including notes about impending contracts years of competition on the depth charts
- Average Draft Position (ADP) Data of 19 dynasty drafts
- RSP Ranking-to-ADP Value Data
- Raw Data Worksheets to continue calculating additional ADP data for future drafts
Hell, take a video tour of the 2013 post-draft to see what I mean:
Seriously, this analysis is worth the price of the 2014 RSP package alone, but you get this as a part of your purchase with the 2014 RSP. Remember 10 percent of each sale is donated to Darkness to Light to prevent sexual abuse in communities across the United States. While that alone should get you to download the RSP package, do it because you will be blown away with the detail and insight of the analysis and content. It’s why the RSP has grown so much in the past nine years.
Best yet, 10 percent of each RSP sale is donated to Darkness to Light, a non-profit devoted to preventing and addressing sexual abuse through community training in schools, religious groups, and a variety of civic groups across the U.S.
In Case You Missed It/Coming Soon
- On the Couch Podcast – Topics include: Jonas Gray vs Isaiah Crowell vs CJ Anderson, the outlook for the Saints offense without Brandin Cooks, how good can Trent Richardson be without Ahmad Bradshaw, plus more!
- Futures: The Simple and Complicated of OU WR Dorial Green-Beckham
- No-Huddle Series: Rice WR Jordan Taylor
- The Gut Check – Swinging The Mallett
- The Gut Check – What to Expect From Josh Gordon
- RSP Sample: Packers WR Randall Cobb
- RSP Flashback: Cardinals RB Andre Ellington
- RSP Sample: Steelers WR Martavis Bryant
- Microsoft.com Profile of NFL.com’s Daniel Jeremiah
- Federal Drug Agents Launch Surprise Inspections Of NFL Teams Following Games – Part of an ongoing investigation into prescription drug abuse in the league.
- Adrian Peterson: League Discipline and League Reality – Steph Stradley gets a guest turn with MMQB and delivers.
- 16 Years After Oregon State Gang-Rape Allegation, Brenda Tracy Steps From the Shadows -And check out how this story develops as it’s reported, including one with former coach Mike Riley.
- Whisked Out of Jail, And Back to the NFL – NFL Teams’ Ties to Police Put Victims of Domestic Violence in a Bind,
- NFL Was Family, Until Wives Reported Domestic Abuse – Seems a little like a combination of scenarios that I created for the 2014 RSP Writers project . . .
Views – Why Elephants never Forget
Reads (Life In General)
- A Psychological Transformation That Only Our Astronauts Experience – We know very little about the effect of space travel on the human psyche – but what we have learned so far suggests that it’s profound.
- Got Milk? Might Not Be Doing You Any Good – I haven’t had a glass of milk in 25 years, so I can attest that this statement works for me.
- Does Our Military Know Something We Don’t About Global Warming? – Every branch of the United States Military is worried about climate change. They have been since well before it became controversial.
- Death Without Regrets – “One important thing one could do with his life was to reduce suffering.”
- Video Seems to Show Ferguson Officer In a Confrontation – A question worth asking, “Why should a public servant have anything to hide on the job if he’s doing his job right?”
- Racial Gap In U.S. Arrest Rates: ‘Staggering Disparity’ – “When it comes to racially lopsided arrests, the most remarkable thing about Ferguson, Mo., might be just how ordinary it is.”
- The Real Roots of Midlife Crisis– Why life can take a U-shaped trajectory when it comes to happiness.
- Six Words: ‘With Kinds, I’m Dad. Alone, Thug’– Marc Quarles, his wife, Claudia Paul, and their children, Joshua and Danielle, live in an affluent, predominantly white neighborhood in California. Quarles says his neighbors treat him differently when his children aren’t around.
- Tune out Cable News And Turn Away Fear – “As you travel, you realize that we’re just 300 million Americans in a much wider pool of 7 billion people.”
- What Did The Monk Competition Do For You? – A take on judging art and a related piece. “Jazz Institution Moves Back Home to Los Angeles”