Only Nails, The $9 Billion Woman, Joe Farrel, Brophy Football, and Denzel Perryman.
What is Reads Listens Views?
If you’re new to the Rookie Scouting Portfolio blog, welcome. I post links on Fridays to content I’m saving for later consumption or pieces that I found compelling. You may not like everything listed here, but you’re bound to like something.
Listens – Joel Farrell “Miles Mode”
RSP Film Room No.12 – Miami LB Denzel Perryman w/Ryan Riddle
For a complete list of RSP Film Room episodes, check out this page.
Download the 2014 Rookie Scouting Portfolio + Post-Draft Update!
Friday’s are also my chance to thank you for reading my work, encourage you to follow the RSP blog, and download the Rookie Scouting Portfolio publication.
The 2014 Rookie Scouting Portfolio Post-Draft Add-On is ready for download. If you’re in a dynasty league, the combination of the 2014 RSP and the RSP Post-Draft will have you prepared for this year and beyond. Want details? Need details? I have ’em right here:
- 84 pages
- How to use the RSP and RSP-Post Draft together
- Good/Bad post-draft fits
- UDFAs to watch
- Long-term dynasty waiver wire gems
- Strategic overview of 2014 rookie drafts
- Tiered Value Chart Cheat Sheet across all positions
- Post-Draft rankings analysis and commentary–including notes about impending contracts years of competition on the depth charts
- Average Draft Position (ADP) Data of 19 dynasty drafts
- RSP Ranking-to-ADP Value Data
- Raw Data Worksheets to continue calculating additional ADP data for future drafts
Hell, take a video tour of the 2013 post-draft to see what I mean:
Seriously, this analysis is worth the price of the 2014 RSP package alone, but you get this as a part of your purchase with the 2014 RSP. Remember 10 percent of each sale is donated to Darkness to Light to prevent sexual abuse in communities across the United States. While that alone should get you to download the RSP package, do it because you will be blown away with the detail and insight of the analysis and content. It’s why the RSP has grown so much in the past nine years.
Best yet, 10 percent of each RSP sale is donated to Darkness to Light, a non-profit devoted to preventing and addressing sexual abuse through community training in schools, religious groups, and a variety of civic groups across the U.S.
In Case You Missed It/Coming Soon
- The Gut Check – What to Expect From Josh Gordon
- RSP Sample: Packers WR Randall Cobb
- RSP Flashback: Cardinals RB Andre Ellington
- RSP Sample: Steelers WR Martavis Bryant
- Futures: FSU TE Nick O’Leary
- RSP Film Room No.10 – South Carolina OT Corey Robinson
- Futures: K-State WR Tyler Lockett
- The All-22: A Franchise QB? Andy Dalton is regressing in every facet – Doug Farrar.
- Split Zone Run & Bootleg Concepts – James Light explains this successful cutback play with shots from various NFL teams.
- A Review of Alex Kirby’s Book, “Speed Kills: Breaking Down the Chip Kelly Offense” – From Coach Hoover’s site.
- Brophy Football’s Most Popular Coaching Studies – Including Saban, Pelini, Gibbs, and Franklin. I’ll be reading…
Listens – McCoy Tyner Trio + Freddie Hubbard & Joe Henderson – “Inner Glimpse”
Reads (Life In General)
- The Cubicle Gym – How I used science to make my work day freakishly healthy.
- Salt-Water Powered Car Gets Approval In Europe – “It works just like a hydrogen fuel cell except that the liquid used for storing energy is saltwater.”
- Read the Letter the FBI sent MLK to try to convince him to kill himself – Government “protectors” your grandfather’s age were engaged in this behavior. Think about it.
- I’m Gonna Need You to Fight Me On This: How Violent Sex Helped Ease My PTSD – Mac McClelland is an award-winning journalist and she is unusually candid about coping with what she saw in Haiti. This piece created a lot of controversy when first published. Graphic and mature subject matter not for the meek.
- The $9 Billion Witness: Meet JPMorgan Chase’s Worst Nightmare – Meet the woman JPMorgan Chase paid one of the largest fines in American history to keep from talking. H/T Jason Wood.
- Inside the New York Fed: Secret Recordings and a Culture Clash – A confidential report and f fired examiner’s hidden recorder penetrate the cloistered world of Wall Street’s top regulator–and its history of deference to banks.
- How to Build a Fictional World – Kate Messner – A TED Talk.
- Podcasts So Good You Want to Binge-Listen – I’ll have to check these out for my commute. I posted this link last week, but Serial is supposed to be good enough that it’s worth another week here.
- ‘Gang sign’ story backfires on KSTP – Police union angry with mayor wanting cops to wear body cameras tries and temporarily succeeds in manipulating local media with race-related fear-mongering story.
- The Reporter as a Hero, Not a Joke – Jon Stewart Tells Maziar Bahari’s Story With ‘Rosewater’ (I haven’t read this yet).
- In Defense of Obama – Rolling Stone piece from Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman on why Obama is a historic success (I haven’t read this yet, either).
- Teen Killed in New Orleans Believed In the Power of Food Justice and Gardens – The story of George Carter.
Views – Tosh.0 Rips ESPN for Plagiarism
Listens – McCoy Tyner “Sahara” (Full Album)