Fantasy Throwdown, QB Nonsense Index, Rivers McCown’s Take on Sankey the back(up), Fantastical Hotel Views, and RSP Post-Draft
Listens – The Audible Live Show (Thursday Night)
What is Reads Listens Views?
If you’re new to the Rookie Scouting Portfolio blog, welcome. I post links on Fridays to content I’m saving for later consumption or pieces that I found compelling. You may not like everything listed here, but you’re bound to like something.
Download the 2014 Rookie Scouting Portfolio + Post-Draft Update!
Friday’s are also my chance to thank you for reading my work, encourage you to follow the RSP blog, and download the Rookie Scouting Portfolio publication.
The 2014 Rookie Scouting Portfolio Post-Draft Add-On is ready for download. If you’re in a dynasty league, the combination of the 2014 RSP and the RSP Post-Draft will have you prepared for this year and beyond. Want details? Need details? I have ’em right here:
- 84 pages
- How to use the RSP and RSP-Post Draft together
- Good/Bad post-draft fits
- UDFAs to watch
- Long-term dynasty waiver wire gems
- Strategic overview of 2014 rookie drafts
- Tiered Value Chart Cheat Sheet across all positions
- Post-Draft rankings analysis and commentary–including notes about impending contracts years of competition on the depth charts
- Average Draft Position (ADP) Data of 19 dynasty drafts
- RSP Ranking-to-ADP Value Data
- Raw Data Worksheets to continue calculating additional ADP data for future drafts
Hell, take a video tour of the 2013 post-draft to see what I mean:
Seriously, this analysis is worth the price of the 2014 RSP package alone, but you get this as a part of your purchase with the 2014 RSP. Remember 10 percent of each sale is donated to Darkness to Light to prevent sexual abuse in communities across the United States. While that alone should get you to download the RSP package, do it because you will be blown away with the detail and insight of the analysis and content. It’s why the RSP has grown so much in the past nine years.
Best yet, 10 percent of each RSP sale is donated to Darkness to Light, a non-profit devoted to preventing and addressing sexual abuse through community training in schools, religious groups, and a variety of civic groups across the U.S.
In Case You Missed It/Coming Soon
- (Tomorrow at Football Outsiders) Futures: Nebraska RB Ameer Abdullah – Why you shouldn’t let him get lost in the fray of a strong RB class.
- Tipping Their Hand: WRs Jaelen Strong and Ty Montgomery – How these two physically adept receiver must learn to add more suddenness and savvy to their games.
- Boiler Room DeVante Parker – Why selling a vertical route begins with the first few steps off the line.
- Kasen Williams and The Gray Area Between Attacking and Protecting The Target
- The Boiler Room: Ameer Abdullah — The Difficulty of Judging Football Speed
- Fantasy Throwdown – Looking to get into the daily games space. Fantasy Throwdown is a fine site where you can play head-to-head for free or for money.
- Chase Stuart’s 2014 Preseason Awards (Predictions)
- Rivers McCown: Bishop Sankey Will Start for Titans When He Learns to Be an NFL RB – McCown seeing similar examples in Tennessee to what I profiled at UW when we were at Football Outsiders
- Footballguys Regular Season Content Week 1
- Mike Tanier: The QB Nonsense Index: Can Kaepernick or Manziel Unseat Romo as Nonsense King? – and Tanier starts his tenure at Bleacher Report with a bang.
10 Awesome (w/Unique Views) Hotels Worth Traveling For . . . This one is in St. Lucia.
Reads (Life In General)
- China Just Got Serious About Global Warming – The world’s biggest polluter will not set up a carbon market as early as 2016. Here’s why that matters.
- BP Was Just Found Grossly Negligent in the Gulf Oil Spill Disaster – Read the full ruling or the highlights.
- One Woman’s Lessons From Living on The Street – I wish I could tell you that this phrase is made up. I didn’t want to believe it, but I’ve seen way too much in my 26 years of adulthood to deny it exists.