Logan Thomas, Believe It or Not, Icelandic Island, WDR Big Band, Dex, and RSP Post-Draft
What is Reads Listens Views?
If you’re new to the Rookie Scouting Portfolio blog, welcome. I post links on Fridays to content I’m saving for later consumption or pieces that I found compelling. You may not like everything listed here, but you’re bound to like something.
Download the 2014 Rookie Scouting Portfolio + Post-Draft Update!
Friday’s are also my chance to thank you for reading my work, encourage you to follow the RSP blog, and download the Rookie Scouting Portfolio publication.
The 2014 Rookie Scouting Portfolio Post-Draft Add-On is ready for download. If you’re in a dynasty league, the combination of the 2014 RSP and the RSP Post-Draft will have you prepared for this year and beyond. Want details? Need details? I have ’em right here:
- 84 pages
- How to use the RSP and RSP-Post Draft together
- Good/Bad post-draft fits
- UDFAs to watch
- Long-term dynasty waiver wire gems
- Strategic overview of 2014 rookie drafts
- Tiered Value Chart Cheat Sheet across all positions
- Post-Draft rankings analysis and commentary–including notes about impending contracts years of competition on the depth charts
- Average Draft Position (ADP) Data of 19 dynasty drafts
- RSP Ranking-to-ADP Value Data
- Raw Data Worksheets to continue calculating additional ADP data for future drafts
Hell, take a video tour of the 2013 post-draft to see what I mean:
Seriously, this analysis is worth the price of the 2014 RSP package alone, but you get this as a part of your purchase with the 2014 RSP. Remember 10 percent of each sale is donated to Darkness to Light to prevent sexual abuse in communities across the United States. While that alone should get you to download the RSP package, do it because you will be blown away with the detail and insight of the analysis and content. It’s why the RSP has grown so much in the past nine years.
Best yet, 10 percent of each RSP sale is donated to Darkness to Light, a non-profit devoted to preventing and addressing sexual abuse through community training in schools, religious groups, and a variety of civic groups across the U.S.
In Case You Missed It/Coming Soon
- Logan Thomas: Look Out Below! – My look at his Virginia Tech tape and why his preseason performance wasn’t that different.
- Applying An Ounce of Skepticism to Practice Reports – Be careful about what you hear from writers, because what they see often lacks context and strong football analysis.
- On Robin Williams’ Passing – And the intoxicating and destructive nature of celebrity shared by athletes and entertainers.
- Listening to the Whispers: Changes to The RSP – WRs/TEs
- Listening to The Whispers: Changes to The RSP — RB
- Listening to The Whispers: Changes to The RSP — QB
- 5 Draft Strategies That Will Make You A Better Fantasy Owner
- RSO Journal: Writers’ League Rookie Draft Analysis – Part I
- Josh Gordon: Playing the Odds – Ari Ingle discusses the Gordon appeal and its fantasy implications with some of his legal perspective.
- Chip Kelly: NFL Influencer – Chris Brown’s fine article on the Eagles’ coach.
- A Look at Logan Thomas’ First Game With The Cardinals – Seth Cox’s analysis.
- Believe it or Not: Preseason Edition – Heath Cummings’ entertaining article.
- Upside Down Draft Update
Reads (Life In General)
- Tiny House Standing Alone on A Remote Icelandic Island – For the “Easy Scrolling” crowd or you need a break break.
- There’s Nothing Selfish About Suicide – I haven’t read it yet, but the title intrigued me.
- Shark Week Is Once Again Making Things Up – Seems to me the shows that are more tabloid like were pretty easy to spot as fiction, but NPR likes taking this righteous road.
For those of you with headphones at the cubicle and can work at a concert