Aretha Franklin and Ray Charles, Matt’s fantasy rankings, Bloom’s RSP Writers Project, Police in the Vault, and RSP Post-Draft
H/T to my old roommate Jason Shablik.
What is Reads Listens Views?
If you’re new to the Rookie Scouting Portfolio blog, welcome. I post links on Fridays to content I’m saving for later consumption or pieces that I found compelling. You may not like everything listed here, but you’re bound to like something.
Now that I’ve finished moving, I completed my first set of projections and I posted my rankings (PPR/non-PPR) at Footballguys.
Fighting for the ideal of what America could be rather than what it was . . . one of the best videos I’ve watched in some time.
Download the 2014 Rookie Scouting Portfolio + Post-Draft Update!
Friday’s are also my chance to thank you for reading my work, encourage you to follow the RSP blog, and download the Rookie Scouting Portfolio publication.
The 2014 Rookie Scouting Portfolio Post-Draft Add-On is ready for download. If you’re in a dynasty league, the combination of the 2014 RSP and the RSP Post-Draft will have you prepared for this year and beyond. Want details? Need details? I have ’em right here:
- 84 pages
- How to use the RSP and RSP-Post Draft together
- Good/Bad post-draft fits
- UDFAs to watch
- Long-term dynasty waiver wire gems
- Strategic overview of 2014 rookie drafts
- Tiered Value Chart Cheat Sheet across all positions
- Post-Draft rankings analysis and commentary–including notes about impending contracts years of competition on the depth charts
- Average Draft Position (ADP) Data of 19 dynasty drafts
- RSP Ranking-to-ADP Value Data
- Raw Data Worksheets to continue calculating additional ADP data for future drafts
Hell, take a video tour of the 2013 post-draft to see what I mean:
Seriously, this analysis is worth the price of the 2014 RSP package alone, but you get this as a part of your purchase with the 2014 RSP. Remember 10 percent of each sale is donated to Darkness to Light to prevent sexual abuse in communities across the United States. While that alone should get you to download the RSP package, do it because you will be blown away with the detail and insight of the analysis and content. It’s why the RSP has grown so much in the past nine years.
Best yet, 10 percent of each RSP sale is donated to Darkness to Light, a non-profit devoted to preventing and addressing sexual abuse through community training in schools, religious groups, and a variety of civic groups across the U.S.
Download the 2014 RSP and RSP Post-Draft here
In Case You Missed It/Coming Soon
- No-Huddle Series: Packers Tight End Richard Rodgers
- 2014 Footballguys Fantasy Magazine App
- Sigmund Bloom’s RSP Writers Project Decision: “The Star or The Coach”
- Michael Schuttke’s RSP Writers Project Decision: “With The Flow or Against The Grain”
- Talent Mining: Vikigns RB Jerick McKinnon
- The Third Annual RSP Writers’ Project – Plenty of updated submissions this week.
- Reality Sports Online Auction Drafts + How to Create an Auction Value from VBD Projections.
- The One Trade Advice Article That You Need to Read + Trade Value Chart – Need to figure out values for trading players, here’s a good way to begin.
- Why Lovie Smith is a 4-3 defensive guy – Based on his body of work that I know about, I’d hire him. I’m a 4-3 defensive guy, too.
- Why Is Roddy White So Undervalued in Fantasy Football? – Tony DelSignore’s analysis.
- When Russell Wilson Knocks, Open The Door! – Fantasy Gumshoe’s look at Wilson’s upside.
- Jimmy Graham Is A Tight End For Franchise Tag Purposes – Chase Stuart.
- Cowboys Players Hilariously Read Mean Tweets About Themselves – Yes, it’s a worthless football piece information-wise, but clever and worth a watch.
Another version of Bemsha Swing, this time by the late Esbojorn Svensson and his trio in 2000. Great work.
Reads (Life In General)
- The Hitler Gun Control Lie – When it comes to this issue, I believe in stronger licensing requirements, better education, and more stringent enforcement; not banning firearms. But let’s stop linking gun control to dictatorships. Informative read.
- Q&A With Actor Don Cheadle, Co-Writer and Lead For Miles Davis biopic – It won’t span Davis’ life, but rather his decision to emerge from his self-imposed, musical exile.
- 35 Celebs With Twins From Centuries Ago – Cheadle wouldn’t have qualified with Miles Davis even if it included folks from decades prior. H/T-Joe Bryant.
- 25 Scariest Places On Earth – I guess prisons don’t count.
- Lat Rats And All – And that unsettling Facebook experiment.
Another H/T to Shablik . . .
If you haven’t heard Moon Hooch, check out this Tiny Desk Concert. Whoa…