Extradition, Austin Peralta, Audible Hangouts, Oregon Coast, RSPWP3, and RSP Post-Draft
What is Reads Listens Views?
If you’re new to the Rookie Scouting Portfolio blog, welcome. I post links on Fridays to content I’m saving for later consumption or pieces that I found compelling. You may not like everything listed here, but you’re bound to like something.
Jamila Lyiscott is taking you to school.
Download the 2014 Rookie Scouting Portfolio + Post-Draft Update!
Friday’s are also my chance to thank you for reading my work, encourage you to follow the RSP blog, and download the Rookie Scouting Portfolio publication.
The 2014 Rookie Scouting Portfolio Post-Draft Add-On is ready for download. If you’re in a dynasty league, the combination of the 2014 RSP and the RSP Post-Draft will have you prepared for this year and beyond. Want details? Need details? I have ’em right here:
- 84 pages
- How to use the RSP and RSP-Post Draft together
- Good/Bad post-draft fits
- UDFAs to watch
- Long-term dynasty waiver wire gems
- Strategic overview of 2014 rookie drafts
- Tiered Value Chart Cheat Sheet across all positions
- Post-Draft rankings analysis and commentary–including notes about impending contracts years of competition on the depth charts
- Average Draft Position (ADP) Data of 19 dynasty drafts
- RSP Ranking-to-ADP Value Data
- Raw Data Worksheets to continue calculating additional ADP data for future drafts
Hell, take a video tour of the 2013 post-draft to see what I mean:
Seriously, this analysis is worth the price of the 2014 RSP package alone, but you get this as a part of your purchase with the 2014 RSP. Remember 10 percent of each sale is donated to Darkness to Light to prevent sexual abuse in communities across the United States. While that alone should get you to download the RSP package, do it because you will be blown away with the detail and insight of the analysis and content. It’s why the RSP has grown so much in the past nine years.
Best yet, 10 percent of each RSP sale is donated to Darkness to Light, a non-profit devoted to preventing and addressing sexual abuse through community training in schools, religious groups, and a variety of civic groups across the U.S.
In Case You Missed It/Coming Soon
- The Third Annual RSP Writers’ Project – Plenty of updated submissions this week.
- The Gut Check No.297 – 9 Make or Break Questions for Fantasy Drafts.
- Reality Sports Online Auction Drafts + How to Create an Auction Value from VBD Projections.
- WR Size: Is It Valid Analysis? – This is a joint project with Chase Stuart.
- The Gut Check No.296 – Late-Round WR Watch
- Recent Audible Hangouts:
- The One Trade Advice Article That You Need to Read + Trade Value Chart – Need to figure out values for trading players, here’s a good way to begin.
- Soccer, Made in America: With his eye on the World Cup, a German coach overhauls Team USA – The best-produced piece of sports writing I’ve seen in a while. You will learn a lot–and WSJ made it easy.
- A ‘Redskin’ is the Scalped Head of a Native American, Sold, Like A Pelt, For Cash – Esquire’s Baxter Holmes explains what the word means to his family.
- Factors: Justin Hunter – Football Outsiders and RSPWP III contributor Rivers McCown analyzes Hunter’s rookie year.
- Dan Pompei’s Sports On Earth Goodbye to Chuck Noll – Perhaps the most underrated of the great coaches in professional sports.
- Jason Wood’s Coaching and Philosophy Changes for Washington
Reads (Life In General)
- The Shame of Shuhada Street – Ayelet Waldman writes about the daily indignities–large and small–Palestinians are receiving in Hebron.
- Are Trout Too Smart to Eat? And Other Surprising Questions – NPR’s Cosmos & Culture’s column is a good read this week that’s more about subjectivity in science than trout.
- 45 Photos Displaying Acts of Kindness – If you need to feel better about the world this will help a bit.
- This Place: A Visual Ode to Oregon’s Seashore – This five-minute film is a fantastic watch if you’re into learning the mood of a place. I have always loved Oregon’s coast.
- 20 Words That Once Meant Something Very Different – Including “nice,” “silly,” “fizzle,” “clue,” and “fathom.”
- (Book) Forty Million Dollar Slaves: The Rise, Fall, and Redemption of the Black Athlete – William C. Rhoden’s book.
- Artificial Intelligence ‘could be the worst thing to happen to humanity’: Stephen Hawking warns – Renowned physicist believes rise of robots may be disastrous for mankind.
- Anthony Bourdain: Under The Volcano – A fine post about Americans and their dysfunctional relationship with Mexico and Mexicans.