This week’s RLV: 2014 RSP, Slomo, Gang Chain, Pangolins, and Chaplin
What is Reads Listens Views?
If you’re new to the Rookie Scouting Portfolio blog, welcome. Most Fridays (except last month, because I was wrapping up the RSP Publication) I post links to content I’m saving for later reading when I have time. You may not like everything listed here, but you’re bound to like something.
Views – Slomo: The Man Who Skated Right Off the Grid
Hat-tip to Matt Bitonti for finding this great 16-minute documentary about a doctor who decided to reinvent his life towards happiness.
Download the 2014 Rookie Scouting Portfolio
Friday’s are also my chance to thank you for reading my work, encourage you to follow the RSP blog, and download the Rookie Scouting Portfolio publication.
The RSP is available every April 1 for download. This year’s RSP is nearly 300 pages in the draft guide section and filled with analysis of 164 skill position prospects that has earned a loyal following:
- Draft history analysis
- Overrated/Underrated analysis
- Multidimensional player comparisons
- Individual skills analysis by position
You can learn more about the RSP here. If you want to see samples of the play-by-play notes I take to write the analysis, you can find them here. If you want to know what my readers say about it, look here.
If you don’t have time to look into details, know that once you look through the RSP, there will be no question in your mind that I do the work, that I have a plan about the work that I do, and that you get more than your money’s worth. It’s why more and more draftniks every spring can’t wait until April 1.
If you think that’s a ton, you ain’t seen nothing. When you purchase the RSP, you also get a free post-draft publication that’s available for download a week after the NFL Draft. Fantasy football owners tell me all the time that this alone is worth the price.
Best yet, 10 percent of each RSP sale is donated to Darkness to Light, a non-profit devoted to preventing and addressing sexual abuse through community training in schools, religious groups, and a variety of civic groups across the U.S.
Here is what the RSP donated to D2L this year. According to D2L, the RSP’s 2013 donation amount was enough to train 250 adults in communities across the country.
- The results from “Picking a QB to Defend the Planet – Chris Trapasso tallied the votes and has the finalists.
- The 2014 RSP Writers Project -Sometime after the draft, we’ll get this rolling.
- Kapri Bibbs: Good vs. Great Vision
- Boiler Room: Nebraska WR Quincy Enunwa
- On the Couch w/Sigmund Bloom – Bloom, Lammey, and I will talk about the RB class.
- No-Huddle Series: Utah TE Jake Murphy
- No-Huddle Series: Wisconsin RB James White
- Footballguys’ Player Movement Tracker
- Back on the Gang Chain – Mike Tanier showing readers his expertise.
- Greg Robinson has the skills to be an elite left tackle – Alen Dumonjic on one of the top players in the draft .
- This Week in NFL News -Sigmund Bloom gives you his takes on this week’s news.
Reads (Life In General)
- NearDeath, Explained – New science is shedding light on what really happens during out-of-body experiences–with shocking results.
- 40 Financial Things You Should Know by 40 – Practical stuff.
- The Most Trafficked Mammal You’ve Never Heard Of– What is a Pangolin, Alex?
- 18 Things Highly Creative People Do Differently
- 96-year-old widower writes song about wife of 75 years -And the young studio engineer that did him a solid.
- Charlie Porter, an Adventurer Scaling Rock and Sailing Seas is Dead – Amazing life of an amazing sportsman.
- The Toxins That Threaten Our Brains
Listens/Views – Charlie Chaplin’s Speech From “The Great Dictator’
Known as one of the great speeches of all time.
April Fool’s (from NPR)