Now Accepting Prepayment for the 2013 RSP
I’m spending the weekend with a bunch of Footballguys watching the playoffs and talking shop. Meanwhile here’s some welcome news for those of you who have asked me when you can prepay for the 2013 RSP. The answer is now: If you wish to prepay for the April 1 download of the 2013 Rookie Scouting Portfolio, you can do so at www.mattwaldman.com. I have already evaluated 130 skill players for the 2013 edition and just like last year, included with the purchase of the RSP will be access to download the wildly popular, Post-Draft Add-On. I publish this updated analysis after the NFL Draft and it includes updated positional rankings, tiered fantasy rankings, ceiling scores, and a ton of post-draft analysis that comes as part of the 2013 RSP purchase. With 10 percent of each sale going to Darkness to Light, it’s a must-have for draftniks, football fans, and fantasy owners.
New RSP Blog Series – The Boiler Room
[People] don’t like to break a player down, look at his particulars. That involves details. Most people get bored with details. Because in order to look at the details, you have to love what you’re doing, and you have to be highly motivated. I loved playing football. I relished the details.
- Jim Brown
One of the challenges involved with player analysis is to be succinct with delivering the goods. As the author of an annual tome, I’m often a spectacular failure in this respect. Even so, I will often study a prospect and see a play unfold that does a great job of encapsulating that player’s skills. When I witness these moments, I imagine that if I were part of the production team at a major network putting together highlights for a draft show or I was working for an NFL organization creating cut-ups for a personnel director, I try to imagine if this highlight will boil down this prospect to his essentials.
That’s the thinking behind The Boiler Room - analysis of what makes a player worth drafting by boiling down as much as I can into a single play. Unlike the No-Huddle Series, The Boiler Room is focused on prospects I expect to be drafted, and often before the fourth round. My first subject of the series will be 2013 Rose Bowl MVP Stepfan Taylor. Read it Monday morning.
Views – Kenny Garret, Kenny Kirkland, Jeff “Tain” Watts, and Robert Hurst Blowing the Roof Off
- Greg Cosell interviewed on ESPN - Why he’s come around on Russell Wilson lately.
- B.S. Report: Aaron Schatz and Bill Barnwell - Wildcard Weekend Preview.
- Adrian Peterson’s amazing, except when the Vikings win - Chase Stuart, Football Accountant. Good stuff.
- The Seahawks & the pro-style I-formation - Danny Kelly’s piece on what makes this Seahawks ground game effective.
- The Film Room: Vikings-Packers - Andy Benoit’s preview of last weeks’ game is worth another read heading into this weekend.
- Postseason Mock Draft - Josh “Sir” Norris provides his latest mock at Rotoworld.
- The Lives They Lived - A good series that featured those who died in 2012 by focusing on how they lived.
- Living Apart: Fair Housing In America - There were three pillars created to desegregate America. Perhaps the most important is the one that is least enforced.
- Segregation Study – See how things of changed (Atlanta) or how they basically stayed the same (Cleveland).